Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD) is a scuba diving certification level provided by several diver training agencies, such as Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), and Scuba Schools International (SSI). The equivalent course offered by National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) is the Advanced Scuba Diver. The certification level is roughly equivalent to the CMAS Diver qualification and the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) Ocean Diver qualification, although some differences occur. For example, BSAC Ocean Divers are trained in basic rescue skills for recreational diving, but only need five open water dives to qualify.
The SSI Advanced Open Water program is different from most other organizations,as they require not only training but they also require diving experience. To be certified as a SSI AOWD one needs to have completed four specialty courses and minimum of 24 logged dives.In the absence of a logged dives requirement, it is possible to become certified as AOW with some other agencies while having less than 10 lifetime dives.
Scuba Diving International (SDI) offers an Advanced Adventure Diver course similar to the Advanced Open Water Diver Course offered by the Agencies noted herein.
It offers you different experience and training options that range from simple introductions to underwater activities to more challenging experiences.
It consists of Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation plus any three Adventure
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can dive more safely.
Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD)
Age : you are at least 10 years old as junior Open Water Diver or 14 years old as Open Water Diver.
Be able to Show us the certificate of Junior Open Water Diver or Open Water Diver.
- Day 1 Pick up at 07.30 in the hotel then go to dive site for three dives. Afterwards having lunch prior going back to the hotel.
- Day 2 Pick up at 07.30 in the hotel then go to dive site for two dives. Afterwards having lunch prior going back to the hotel and certification as Advanced Open Water Diver.
Price includes :
- All land and sea transportation on diving day
- Lunch and bottled water between dives
- All equipment rental during the course
- 1 Tank per dive
- PADI Instructor
- The ocean dives on this course will be conducted at Padang Bai and Tulamben
- Extra dive at some dive location cost us$30.00
- Price may change without prior notice, except in the case of confirmed bookings with deposit