Open Water Diver (OWD) is an entry-level full diver certification for scuba diving. Although different agencies use different names, similar entry-level courses are offered by all diving agencies and consist of a combination of knowledge development (theory), confined water dives (practical training) and open water dives (experience).
The whole PADI training system.
The “Open Water Diver” certification name is used by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI),Scuba Schools International (SSI),the National Academy of Scuba Educators (NASE) Worldwide, and the Sub-Aqua Association (SAA),which is recognised by the Confédération Mondiale des Activités Subaquatiques (CMAS) as a CMAS 1-star certification.The National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) entry-level course is called Scuba Diver. The British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) calls its equivalent qualification ‘Ocean Diver’.
The OWD level equals to the international Standard ISO 24801-2
It has three parts :
- Knowledge Development
- Confined Water Dives
- Open Water Dives
Knowledge Development covers the principles, concepts and terma that you need to know for safety, so you can enjoy diving.
During the Confined Water, you’ll learn and practice scuba skills in pool or water with pool-like condition under direct instructor supervision.
During Open Water, you’ll practice, apply and demonstrate what you’ve learned in Knowledge Development and Confined Water Dives.
Open Water Diver (OWD)
Age : you are at least 10 years old as Junior Open Water Diver and 14 years old as Open Water Diver.
- Day 1 Pick up at 07.30 in the hotel then go to pool for learning and practicing dive skill till finished. Afterwards going back to the hotel
- Day 2 Pick up at 07.30 in the hotel then go to dive site for two dives max 12 meters. Afterwards having lunch prior going back to the hotel.
- Day 3 Pick up at 07.30 in the hotel then go to dive site for two dives maximum 18 meters. Afterwards having lunch prior going back to the hotel and certification as Open Water Diver.
Price includes :
- PADI Certification Pack
- All land and sea transportation on diving day
- Lunch and bottled water between dives
- All equipment rental during the course
- 1 Tank per dive
- PADI Instructor